Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back to Work Tips - My First Day After the CNY Hols and Top 3 Tips

I am by nature an organised and focused person. I work well with action lists and I’m good at prioritising, but since it's the first day I'm back after my "extended" holiday - seriously I did think that I was due in today instead of yesterday - I shall give it a rest for today and just start simple planning for the rest of this week. Anyways here I am albeit a bit tired out from being on holiday and raring to get back into the daily grind.

Frankly there's one major project that I'm on at this moment. In fact my one and only ever since my "engineered" demise into corporate obscurity by some unscrupulous demons at work. Kudos and thank you.

Tip No # 1 - Close the Door

Do not worry about saying NO to unreasonable requests for your time and energy. Note that I used the word "unreasonable" - it becomes reasonable when the person asking you is either the person that employs you or is your immediate superior (or your significant other).

Tip No # 2 - Oral

No. Not of that particular kind. The oral here is actually in the spoken word-sense. When communication is getting prolonged because of endless e-mails or memos or anything in writing - cut it short by just settling it with the sweet sound of your voice. Sometimes, it's all that is needed.

Tip No # 3 - Space it Out

The most basic of all - do what you can in time and with the time you have. Now that's powerful. How else are we supposed to work? Break apart the tasks in hand into simpler portions of work. Delegate what you can and do the rest but in the time allocated.

Alright I think that’s enough for the moment, all the best and have yourself a great year ahead!

No comments: