Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Devil on the Road : Tuesday, February 17th, 2009

At last - I shall mislead myself to believe that it is the current economic situation that brings out the worse in people. The last bit of the puzzle fell into place yesterday evening on my drive back from wonderful dusty and dirty Kuala Lumpur. On the road was a "grey" colored Toyota VIOS driven by a middle aged woman. Although it was rush hour traffic and the cars were practically inching their way ahead slower than a tortoise, this woman driver insisted on shaving closely to me in an attempt to force me off the road. I would have easily given way should she have used her turning indicators. When I chanced a look at her and gave her an inquiring glance, she looked liked a demon on the phone busily yakking away and glaring at me at the same time. I took a deep breath and allowed her to slip in. Did I say allow? I meant stopped abruptly to avoid her grazing against my car.

Now, what have people and for that matter a woman driver become?

No comments: