Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thought of the Day - 17th Day in the month of February 2009

It's a good start and rather timely to review just how well I've fared this early into the year 2009. I'm still keeping optimistic and my fingers and toes crossed that the year will finally balance itself and behave.

At this moment I feel very generous and forgiving, thanks to the affectionate 'can we still be friends' characteristic of mine. I shall stop toting around miserable ancient grudges that affect me more than anyone else and decide to deposit them in the 'bygones' cubbyhole. Ah - almost instantaneous relief. This is my decision. It's my call.

Ambient tension or stress is better to be released rather than harbored where it will fester and spill over. Not that being in control is less of a human being but it shows us in better light and makes us healthier as well when we choose not to be bothered at all. That's a higher plane of existence. I once read somewhere that people that bother others are so full of shit and they always look for other people to unload their shit.

Past events and present circumstances are only a continuation of time and it serves naught to let it dwell too long in the former. If we remain trapped in that twilight of past blurring the present, we'll feel anxious, slightly angry or resentful, and possibly disappointed with our situation. It's a no-brainer. Don't be another person's dumping ground for pain, suffering, and misery; either detach or stay away from them.

No comments: