Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2008

A lot of Bull: Scams that we can do without

Beware of similar scams. I had much entertainment the last few years replying to such scams and mostly from persons purportedly from Africa and always along the same lines of some coup or government clamp-down. The one below is new its from Russia. Read it for entertainment but always remember that the rule of thumb is never ever entertain them with your reply!

Dear Friend, I am using this open information system to seek your Godly attention and assistance. I valued your kind reasoning and understanding to my request,which I felt you could be of an urgent assistance to my elder brother. My name is Mr.Mikhail Gladovskov ,38years of age,a younger brother to Mr. Mikhail Gutseriyev from Kazakhstan, who was the formal CEO of Russneft groups. Russia 's seventeenth largest oil company. He was a fugitive, seeking assylum in Britain because my government issued an international arrest warrant for him on the charges of tax frauds which I believed was cooked to force him out of business.But he was later handed over to the Russian government and now government have started to confiscate all his personal properties, capital investments, assets and freezing of his accounts registered in his names.
My reasons for contacting you personally is because I needed you to please assist in accepting some of his funds in the banks(which are registered in his name)to your own personal account so that these funds will not be noticed and seized.A profiting percentages will be honored to you.
All facts and evidences to support my request to be sincere and recent shall be sent to you if you needed more details. Upon your acceptance, I will also disclosed the said amount in the fixed deposit account to you. This is not a must for you, if you don't have interest please kindly ignore this message. Here is my private email (mikhail_glados@mail2russia.c

So beware!

No comments: