Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Trengganu ~ east coast sandy beaches...

I remember when I used to work in a major departmental store. It was my first full-time job. The money was good (at that time), work was interesting, and the ladies overwhelming. My immediate superior and my newly acquainted godbrother (the Chinese always seem to have this passion for adoption, I myself have had countless god-brothers, sisters, and even daughters, although the female variety outnumber the males 5 to 1), were both gay and living together as partners.

During a trip to the hometown of my immediate superior in Trengganu, we stayed the night at his mom's. The night went past peacefully enough although I was pestered by the endless wave of mosquitoes and restless due to sleeping with my back to the wall (I thought it safer at that time).

In the morning after that fitful night, I woke to the sounds of the cockerel screeching his morning how-do-you-do. We had come in a group of 6. All 6 of us got about our morning rituals of you-know-whats and dressed for the beach. Breakfast was topmost on our minds as we walked our way to the market which had the most incredible low priced all-fish variety of breakfast goodies that one can find in the then Malaysia. Fair to say, I ate to my heart'c content as everything was fresh and tasty (and cheap).

At the beach, we got down to what we boys must do. We splashed around the sea front like girls and took potshots at each other with the beautiful pristine sand that was the beach. The more colorful of our group were wearing G-Strings and this was the first time I had ever seen one. We all started to sand rub each other. Exfoliation of the dead skin cells was the call of the day.

Oh, did I fail to mention this? We also had a weird encounter with a group of local Malay babes who while looking religious with their tudungs and all, showed us lewd hand-signs while passing us playing on the beach. Really weird and quite refreshing I say.

Well we played to our heart's content and watched the sun set over the sea horizon. Beautiful. Priceless.

At night it was time to go, and we all packed and took the long-haul bus (non) express back to good old Kuala Lumpur. Bodies aching from the intense sunburns, muscles aching from beachplay, and happiness glowing inside out from the experience.

No comments: