Search This Blog

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Click to Order

A few minutes ago I was ready to buy a book online. I thought it would help me. I love reading and I often do that, because I have trained myself to extract value from everything I read.

It was a cheapie, barely $20, but could be worth it. Anyway, it seemed a no-brainer purchase.

Sooo, I dutifully clicked through the form. I filled out my name and address. I filled out my phone number. I filled in my pet iguana's name. I filled in my height (I'm a little taller than Eric Tsang by the way). I filled in my grandpa's reading habits. I filled in our weather (weltering hot sunny, 35 degrees C here at 1.40pm).

In fact, I spent good time filling in every blank I could find. Then...

"Click to Order."

Imagine my surprise - on the next screen I was informed that the book was a real one. Paper pages. Whaat! Who sends real books these days? Then the second shock. The shipping cost was almost twice the price of the book. Now, I don't know about you, but to pay twice the price and wait maybe 20-25 days for paper-based information was not for me. That guy lost a sale.

But I learnt from the experience.

No comments: