Search This Blog

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Traffic Today

I'm definitely not amazed by the quality of car drivers on the roads. We Malaysians can and are many things, and one of these is the fact that we can be and are real monsters on the road. We could wish that these people clean out the filthiest bus station latrine with their own face, if you know what I mean.

Just when things are starting to come together quite nicely and we are enjoying our sometimes smooth cruise --- Malaysia is a land of many traffic jams --- on the highways and city roads, along comes the occasional idiot who will annoy you (perhaps I should rate them on the same level as the Road Mosquito aka Malaysian Motorcyclist). They won't buzz you but they surely do annoy you.

Just this morning a Hyundai swerved into my lane from the opposite side without even giving a consideration that my vehicle was in the way. Just yesterday I did the same but I swear I really didn't see the oncoming traffic and the fact that the particular vehicle was cutting in as well from a one-way lane the wrong way didn't help either. But this moron today practically made eye contact and still went ahead.

Well the powers-that-are have created this problem that I don't see a solution, so the next best thing is to drive carefully even more and of course pray hard.

No comments: