Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Millionaire is the making: $2 a meal

The mushrooming of many a place offering a filling meal at $2 has come to my attention. So far I have given my business to the outlets in Bandar Manjalara, Bandar Mahkota Cheras, and even the one in Ampang New Village. I would say outlets as the owner is most probably the same enterprising person.

A relative of mine had the opportunity to make small talk with the owner and it seems that this gentleman is planning to open over a 100 of these $2 a meal concept restaurants in the Klang Valley. According to him the goal is not to make money as in getting rich quick. His philosophy is rather different and noble. He intends to educate people to be vegetarian. Yes thats right---its a vegetarian restaurant.

My first visit was not because I knew of the $2 a meal deal but rather because I had the itch to go vegetarian for the day and I was much surprised when I saw that a meal of 3 "dishes" with a plate of rice was only at $2. More so when I saw that besides the obvious they also had wantan mee, noodles, nasi lemak, and all at the same affordable price of $2. Water and tea is free.

The concept is rather simple. Self service - you queue up to order, pay and after finishing return the utensils, plates, cup, and whatever to the proper allocated bins with signage. Simple and cheap. I definitely would go gain sometime when I next become a vegetarian again for a day.

No comments: