Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Traffic Log Gregorian Date 21-10-2008

I'm feeling pretty nice and perky this morning. It takes a lot to rattle o'l me from my nice morning. Bah! Had a run-in with some idiot wearing a DBKL (Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur - "Town Council of Kuala Lumpur - Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia - Malaysia is a country in Asia, located south of Thailand and just above Singapore) jacket colored red. Not that the color red drums up much passion or flares me up like a snorting bull in a prized bullfight arena, but the fact that I had stopped at the traffic light, between the MARA building and Pertama Complex, and this smart aleck (obviously devoid of brain matter) literally squeezed his way through nicking my side mirror in that frivolous act. I sounded my horn at him but instead of waving apologetically like what most motorcyclists in the bygone era of my youth used to do, he did like most modern Malaysian motorcyclist, he carried on nonchalantly without a care. Just what is it with people in Malaysia nowadays? I won't used the word Malaysians because my dear o'l country has become a gargantuan melting pot of sorts with people from poorer Asian countries making a beeline for our golden shores of opportunity (if you can call our beaches golden, that is). Things are not just what they used to be. I'm not a racist but just where are my friends that used to be a large majority and good mix of Malays and Indians? I don't think that after a successful over half a century long of having reduced British influence in Malaysia should have us now in this dreary position that we currently call Malaysian Life. Sorry. Back to the headline...now what gives a motorcyclist the right to travel in ALL directions and paths (Paths: road, pedestrian walkways, One-way streets, double line markings, in-between obstacles ie. cars, et cetera...and the list goes on). Who gives them the right to weave in and out of traffic or even hoot when a car needs to turn into the fast lane just because they are travelling right in the middle of the two lanes? What about making their way from left to right or vice versa with just a twist, at most a few, to indicate their direction --- and the mystery is just who is the smart one who brought about this change in regulation? Without the need for signal lights...

No comments: